New Garage Door Installation
There are several things to consider when looking at the options of a garage door.
- Reasonably priced and very efficient.
- Work well with auto openers
- Large choice of colours
- open vertically... don't kick out at the bottom
- Do not open back along the ceiling
- We don't recommend double doors with auto opening
- There will always be a gap along the top as the door closes.
- Cannot be made in corrosion resistant aluminium
- Require a larger 'headspace' to fit the roll in
Roller Door Framing Requirements
- Fit where 'headroom' and 'sideroom' are very limited
- Can be made in most materials
- Usually the most expensive option/li>
- Can have problems operating in windy conditions (where isn't windy these days)
- Exposed springs which can be dangerous and unsightly
- Kick out at bottom when opening
- Dated operating system
- Gaps around the door.
- Can be made in most materials. (new ones are dreamed up every other day!)
- Colorsteel, powdercoated or natural metal or timber to suit your decor
- Very secure from the weather and the 'undesirables'
- Open vertically and lay flat along the ceiling
- Very quiet operation
- Weathersealed around the opening
- Can be insulated to turn your garage into another warm, usable room
- Both sidespring and overhead springs are available
- An absolute minimum 150mm 'headroom' is required (230mm desirable)(see diagram)
- A minimum 150mm sideroom is recommended
Sectional Door Framing Requirements and Clearances